12 week Python Program Overview
This 12 week program uses CodeCombat’s new educational coding game, Ozaria; an adventure game where students play the hero in a quest to save the world from evil. Their knowledge of coding advances with the storyline, as they use code to complete mini-quests and challenges.
Each week, students will learn new concepts from expert instructors and then work with our volunteers as they apply these new concepts.
Students will attend twice a week (Saturdays at 10am and Wednesdays at 5pm)
– Saturday sessions are set up for the students to practice what they have learned.
– Wednesday sessions will be led by certified Python teachers so we have coverage on those sessions.
Training course schedule:
- 12 weeks, 24 sessions total
- Meet twice a week
- First session: Orientation – Saturday March 6 at 10am EST
- Weekly schedule
- Wednesday classes: Learn new concepts, apply concepts in game
- Saturday classes: Play in Python portal, work on own game
Wednesdays session approx.1-hour (5-6pm EST) | Saturdays sessions approx. 1-hour (10-11am EST)
Week 1- Concepts: Algorithms, Sequences, Problem SolvingWeek 2- Concepts: Debugging, intro to objects, methods, argumentsWeek 3- Capstone ProjectWeek 4- Concepts: Python SyntaxWeek 5- Concepts: VariablesWeek 6- Concepts: ConditionalsWeek 7- Capstone ProjectWeek 8- Concepts: Data typesWeek 9- Concepts: For LoopsWeek 10- Concepts: NestingWeek 11- Concepts: While LoopsWeek 12- Capstone Project